Resolve Shipping Orders

dull_gin
Contributor
Contributor

I am someone who does digital art, and gets commissioned to do art work, being payed through PayPal.me primarily. Recently I’ve noticed that some people have accidentally put down that what they’re paying me for needs to be shipped. And as the product is a digital file I can email, I don’t need to physically ship anything. So how can I resolve “shipping” orders? In the future I will make sure to tell people to not select the shipping option (or make sure to uncheck it), but I would like to resolve the ones I have now and know for the future.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, dull_gin,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. I hope the following information is helpful.

There are two types of payments PayPal customers may send: Goods and Services and Friends and Family. Goods and Services payments should be used to pay for items purchased, and that includes digital/electronic/virtual items. PayPal assesses a small transaction fee when a seller receives a payment for Goods and Services.

Friends and Family payments are for things like sending a gift, splitting a lunch bill, paying for living expenses, and everyday exchanges of money between friends and family. PayPal does not assess a fee when a Friends and Family payment is received. To see more information related to fees, please log on to your PayPal account and click Fees at the bottom of the page.

If your buyers don't indicate they're purchasing digital goods (and therefore they don't need the item to be shipped), you may mark a purchase or order as processed and that should take care of the situation. Please check https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-or-edit-tracking-information-for-my-transac... for more information on how to do that.

Best of luck with your business! Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.