Reports>Activity Download not running - receive "failed" error

JCAJustice
Contributor
Contributor

Currently unable to run the Activity Download report, regardless of date range, format, etc.  Continuously receive Submitted>In Process>Failed status.  No info on PayPal site about outages.  Anyone else having trouble with this?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

panrui
Contributor
Contributor

Same here .. can't download statement in any form or manner.
Half of web interface doesn't work.
Called helpdesk 55 minute wait on second call. First call was useless.
Did twitter support .. still waiting. 

Login to Me Too

rhw88
New Community Member

Same problem here.  Submit / In Progress / Failed / Retry

Been trying for last couple of days.  No joy.

Login to Me Too

MSMunson

just received from PayPal Support

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal's Global Technical Support team.  Apologies for the issue with generating a report, but I'll be happy to help.

We currently have a service disruption with our reporting portal, and our internal engineers have been engaged, and are actively working on a resolution.  I am going to add your account information to our internal engineering ticket, and you will be notified as soon as it has been fixed.  I am going to leave this ticket in an "On Hold" status until I've heard back from our internal engineers, and I will update you here when I do.

Thank you so much for your patience while we work on this, and I will reach out as soon as new information becomes available.

Login to Me Too

dplsk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reporting this. I concluded that it was a problem with PayPal, after wasting 30 minutes on the phone with a customer support agent from PayPal. I asked her to email me with a case number and a summary of the issue, but she wouldn't do so.

I think it's appalling that a customer support agent cannot do this. I also think it's pretty bad that as a user, I'm not notified of service disruptions when I log in. I shouldn't have to dig up a forum post to confirm what I already suspected to be the case.

Login to Me Too

panrui
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all for reporting .. as per previous post if finally got through to second phone service representative. Experience was worse than first call .. obviously nobody know what they are doing in support. Just checked Service status:

• ReportingService Outage
  • Account ->Service Outage
Incident Start: Mar 18, 07:00 UTCIncident End: On-going
AFFECTED PRODUCTS:

ReportingToolsHistory

Update 2:
Our engineers are continuing to work towards a resolution of this incident. Until then, merchants may run into additional issues related to the following:

Downloading Reports, Activity Logs or other files
    Using Invoicing Templates
    Invoicing or PayPal.Me photos may not appear during checkout

Apr 4, 19:56 UTC

Update 1: We continue to work towards a resolution and will provide an update when we have more information.
Apr 2, 15:51 UTC

Initial Notification: We're experiencing a system issue that's intermittently affecting all reports under the Statements menu. If you're experiencing this issue, please try refreshing the page. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working towards resolving this issue.
Mar 28, 17:46 UTC

As well a lot of  "dim bulbs" managing the network as well .. this has been on-going since March 18th !?
Finally got a twitter response, they want me to email them a screen shot of my error message.
Yikes !! why don't they just try an access the web interface themselves ?!
I'll comply, why not help the help desk and syadmins do the job they are paid to do ? or am I not paying enough for the dismal service.

Login to Me Too

dplsk
Contributor
Contributor

The old reporting portal still appears to work.

https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

It's not the same as the new portal, but at least you'll be able to download your transactions from there.

Login to Me Too

Just_Asking1
Contributor
Contributor

So wow, about 20 days later, the problem still exists? Is there any way at all to get a report out of Paypal then? Manually copying all the info into a spreadsheet of my own would be a huge hassle.

Login to Me Too

cie2
Contributor
Contributor

Tried that. Still in progress after four days July 1st 2019.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.