Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an invoice someone sent me.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Remove an invoice someone sent me.

Someone from Russia/Eastern Bloc sent me an invoice.  They went to GoDaddy, looked up my WhoIS, found one of my domain's expiration dates, and sent me a renewal.  It's obviously a scam, and I did not fall for it.  I did not send any money to anyone.  But, that stupid invoice is sitting there at the top of my list every time I log in to PayPal.  Is there a way to delete/hide/ignore received invoices?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Remove an invoice someone sent me.

@JeTSpice 

Click on the invoice to see if there is a way to cancel it, some Actions dropdown menu. I've never received an invoice before but have sent some and have had folks cancel them before so there is a way to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@JeTSpice 

Click on the invoice to see if there is a way to cancel it, some Actions dropdown menu. I've never received an invoice before but have sent some and have had folks cancel them before so there is a way to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction.  For future reference, there is currently (as of 1/13/2020) a "See all outstanding invoices" link below the invoice.  Clicking that link shows invoices line-by-line.  At the far end of an invoice is an "Actions" dropdown.  Changing the dropdown from "pay" to "cancel" will show a popup.  Clicking "Send" on the popup cancels the invoice and (presumably) sends a notice to whoever sent the invoice.

Highlighted
New Community Member

I got there on a slightly different path, but you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks

Highlighted
New Community Member

Hi,

I just received the same invoice type but the cancel button doesn't work. I hit cancel and it just takes me to the invoice. Any other ideas?

PayPal support is no help.

Brian