Remove an invoice someone sent me.

JeTSpice
Contributor
Contributor

Someone from Russia/Eastern Bloc sent me an invoice.  They went to GoDaddy, looked up my WhoIS, found one of my domain's expiration dates, and sent me a renewal.  It's obviously a scam, and I did not fall for it.  I did not send any money to anyone.  But, that stupid invoice is sitting there at the top of my list every time I log in to PayPal.  Is there a way to delete/hide/ignore received invoices?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JeTSpice 

Click on the invoice to see if there is a way to cancel it, some Actions dropdown menu. I've never received an invoice before but have sent some and have had folks cancel them before so there is a way to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JeTSpice 

Click on the invoice to see if there is a way to cancel it, some Actions dropdown menu. I've never received an invoice before but have sent some and have had folks cancel them before so there is a way to do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JeTSpice
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction.  For future reference, there is currently (as of 1/13/2020) a "See all outstanding invoices" link below the invoice.  Clicking that link shows invoices line-by-line.  At the far end of an invoice is an "Actions" dropdown.  Changing the dropdown from "pay" to "cancel" will show a popup.  Clicking "Send" on the popup cancels the invoice and (presumably) sends a notice to whoever sent the invoice.

Login to Me Too

Urdo
New Community Member

I got there on a slightly different path, but you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks

Login to Me Too

loti66
New Community Member

Hi,

I just received the same invoice type but the cancel button doesn't work. I hit cancel and it just takes me to the invoice. Any other ideas?

PayPal support is no help.

Brian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.