Refunds

Reece54321p
New Community Member
How long does it take for money to get refunded, I paid with my PayPal buy the money was in my bank and I got an email saying the money will be put back into my bank account and I am yet to receive it and it's been about 12 hours.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Reece54321p wrote:
How long does it take for money to get refunded, I paid with my PayPal buy the money was in my bank and I got an email saying the money will be put back into my bank account and I am yet to receive it and it's been about 12 hours.

Hi @Reece54321p,

How your PayPal payment was funded determines how your refund is returned:

• If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
  • If your payment came from either your bank account or your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance only.
  • If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, PayPal will refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.

It may take up to 3-5 business days for the refund to appear on your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.