Refunding will cost me money?

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So, buyer bought an item and shortly asked me to cancel order because he was apparently unable to read or understand what he was reading. I refunded him and apparently it cost me 0,35€. I know it's not big sum but buyers stupidity cost me money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@William9

When someone pays you, you are charged a % amount and a small fixed fee amount.

When you refund the % fee is credited back BUT you lose the small fixed fee amount as payment for paypal processing the original payment and the refund for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@William9

When someone pays you, you are charged a % amount and a small fixed fee amount.

When you refund the % fee is credited back BUT you lose the small fixed fee amount as payment for paypal processing the original payment and the refund for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OK, that it is then, this is the first I had to refund someone and I just expected to pay fees only if I keep the money.

I just don't understand how buyer could make mistake since my ad was extremely clear in both pictures and text. I feel like he found the item cheaper somewhere else... of course this is not as bad as buyer opening false dispute etc.

Good thing when selling on other forums and using standard payment methods is that once deal is done, it is done and I don't have to cancel it. In this case I already spent time to pack the item and get it ready to be shipped.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.