Refunding buyer cancellation

Washj3769
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer just bought my item accidentally and wants to cancel the order request. The item was $250 and the total with tax that the buyer paid was $272. In PayPal I only received $241 after the fees. When I click on issue refund, it says I need to refund the whole $272 which would leave me $30 in the whole bc of a buyer's mistake. It says ebay would refund 0 of the tax they collected which is BS. I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult to refund and cancel this order but it's becoming a real pain. Please reply ASAP bc it's frustrating af and I want to relist this item for a buyer who's not braindead. Thanks 🙂 Thanks 🙂
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Washj3769 

Sadly paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when the buyer paid as part of your refund, you pay the fees.

As it was the buyers mistake you could ask if they will accept a part refund and pay the fee or ask if they will split the fee 50/50? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Washj3769
Contributor
Contributor
Yes but I shouldn't have to pay a dime bc of a retard buyer's annoying mistake. It says that I need to pay the full 272 and not just 250. On ebay it says they will refund the buyer the applicable tax, but shouldn't they refund it to me if I have to refund the whole amount the buyer paid?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.