Refund

ChristopherE
Contributor
Contributor
I made a contribution to a PayPal charity that turned out to be fake. I filed a dispute. PayPal ruled in my favor and said they were returning the money to my account. It looks like they put the money back and then took it and gave it to the scammer which was pending.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Jeric16
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @ChristopherE thanks for reaching paypal community center!

here are some tips for a refund that was promise please check the attachment https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212?app=searchAutoComplete 

and addition with that once paypal sends you an email stating that we will refund the money in your favore by winning the dispute that was filed/claimed that was filed we guarantee and full refund for that and it may takes 3-5 business days for us to processes it up to 30days depending on your credit card company if ever how long may it take to show the funds on your card.

we appreciate your time and effort reaching us keep safe and stay at home thanks for doing business with paypal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jown10
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @ChristopherE Thank you for communicating with us. If you see that the refund is pending, it means that it is still processing from the sender's payment method. It usually takes 3-5 business days from the date the refund was issued for it to be completed and credited back to the original form of payment. Hope this helps. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Jeric16
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @ChristopherE thanks for reaching paypal community center!

here are some tips for a refund that was promise please check the attachment https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212?app=searchAutoComplete 

and addition with that once paypal sends you an email stating that we will refund the money in your favore by winning the dispute that was filed/claimed that was filed we guarantee and full refund for that and it may takes 3-5 business days for us to processes it up to 30days depending on your credit card company if ever how long may it take to show the funds on your card.

we appreciate your time and effort reaching us keep safe and stay at home thanks for doing business with paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.