Refund won't go through because "of technical problems"

mrbartlam
New Community Member

I'm trying to issue a refund but I just get the same message about technical problems

I've been trying for 3 days to speak to pay pal on their messenger service but I'm not getting through.

Any ideas how to get support from paypal

I have a very angry customer I'm trying to sort out.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

schlieskiml
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem

Login to Me Too

AV68
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same problem too
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AV68 

@mrbartlam 

@schlieskiml 

Are you trying to fund via funds already in your paypal balance?

If so then when a buyer sends a payment you pay a fee, however if you issue a refund that fee is no longer returned as part of the refunded payment.

So you need to make sure you have enough in your balance to cover the total amount of the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

schlieskiml
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I know that PayPal takes a fee but my understanding is that when I send money out from PayPal that they will withdraw the needed funds from the linked checking account and this is not working

I can sign on to my bank with the same user ID and password that PayPal tells me is not correct for my Bank account

They have sent a confirming deposit to my bank which never arrived and when I ask for help all they want to do is send another confirming deposit

I think someone at PayPal needs to look for the rejected confirming deposit to see why it was rejected but they either don't know how to do that or don't want to do it.

My bank says everything with my account is OK

I was able to make a transfer of funds from my PayPal account to the Bank and I was able to link a debit card (on the same Bank account) to my PayPal account but cannot go through the Bank confirmation process (under Wallet) on the PayPal site.

I finally moved some money into the PayPal account as a fake sale (and paid the PayPal a fee to do this) and was able to issue the refunds I needed to issue but I should not have to do this.

Perhaps PayPal has gotten to big to be effective

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.