Refund transation fees - PayPal no longer returning them? Class lawsuit

deisouss
Contributor
Contributor

We have been using PayPal/Payflow for over 12 years and in 2019 out of 60 Refund transactions 23 were not refunded the transaction fee. This was random and PayPal customer service is giving conflicting information about why this happened.

They said that there was a change that we were notified about (we were not) when we asked when it happened they don't have any information on the date and there is no explanation of why some transactions the fee was refunded and some others were not. We had some large transactions for example $800 where PayPal is keeping $24 in fees.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their refund fees and anyone maybe interested in seeking a Class lawsuit? After years of giving lots of business to PayPal it seems that they got a little greedy and want to keep money that doesn't belong to them. I don't mind paying a per transaction fee but them keeping the complete percentage of the funds is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deisouss 

Always best to keep up with policy changes as paypal no longer return the fee on a refund.

2. Fees – Commercial Transaction Refunds

Section A3.4 (Commercial Transaction Refunds) of Schedule 1 (Table of Fees) is amended to clarify that, if you carry out a refund of a Commercial Transaction payment, all of the fees originally paid by you to receive the payment will not be returned to you.  Section A3.4 (Commercial Transaction Refunds) of Schedule 1 (Table of Fees) (presented in context with the column headings) now reads as follows (with amendments shown underlined😞

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.