Refund of Shipping fees on a personal item sold that was not shipped.

Samats
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a personal item. It was picked up from my house. When the money was paid to me from the buyer there was a shipping charge. Since this person picked it up from my house I don't know why there was a shipping charge. The buyer did not request a shipping label or charge. I, the seller did not request a shipping label. Why would PayPal think I was shipping this item. How does that happen. I am new to PayPal and don't understand why this happened. It has never happened to me before. I would like to get my money back and understand why this happened so it doesn't happen again. How does PayPal know if an item is going to get shipped or that the seller needs a shipping label. I don't think I will ever need to purchase a shipping label from PayPal. How do I let PayPal know I do not want to ship an item. Bottom line I want a refund and for this not to happen again. I don't know how to contact PayPal. I have looked everywhere and can't find how to call or email. Any help is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samats

Paypal does not charge shipping, that is what the seller does when they list an item for sale.

Also you should NEVER use paypal for items that are collected as you would have 0 seller protection, the buyer could open a dispute for non receipt and as you would not be able to provide a tracking number that proved delivery of the item to the buyer then you would be forced to refund.

CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY.

As you haven't added your country to your profile OR said what country you are in, all i can give you is this...........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.