Refund not working due to "lack of funds"

Pipps
Contributor
Contributor

Someone decided they didn't want an ebay item so i canceled it and issued a refund. Ebay says it was unable to process it and would have to wait until the customer tells them they got the money to confirm it happened.

I go to paypal and the money san $3 for fees is sitting in a box of what do you want to do with this. I click refund and it says insuffiecient funds. Well yeah because you took out all these fees.

I should importantly say that they suddenly wanted to verify my account 20 years later and it required my social security card which I have no idea where that is so I never did it so now I'm not allowed to hold money IN paypal but use my bank account only. Which is linked and they've taken money out of it before and there is money in there.

I only sell on ebay once in a blue moon so I'm not even a business really. So I'm unsure why they are withholding taxes but that's another story.

Anyway the ebay guy has become quite the jerk and asking where his money is a few times a day. It's only been two days. I would happily give him his money back but I can't get a customer rep.. been on hold for awhile now it's over an hour wait.. (and the email agents simply close without anyone even saying hi).. and have no idea how to do it without **bleep** myself over and ending up paying him back his 20 bucks 3 times over.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Pipps
Contributor
Contributor

ok so talking to a rep wasn't helpful. What I did was have a friend send me $3 and it accumulated the total (I thought it would be seperate) and there fore had enough money to cover it and then it gave me one of my fees back so now I have an extra buck in there. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.