Refund issue

Tessk1
New Community Member
Hi community, I bought something through eBay and paid via PayPal. The seller never received the money although I tried to explain eBay was showing as payment initiated and that I had paid and that it could be being held in his PayPal account. The seller didn’t listen and then suggested I was scamming him so I am now trying to cancel the order. I have cancelled the PayPal payment and it says a refund has been given but I haven’t received any money in my account. How long does a refund usually take? Does the seller need to cancel the order on eBay site too? I tried to raise a query is the resolution centre but it won’t let me raise a query as it says I have received the payment which I haven’t. Or does anyone have an email address for PayPal customer services? Many thanks in advance,
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tessk1 

If it was showing as 'intiated' and you had the cancel option then its the SELLERS mistake as they had an old or wrong email address on their auction.

Tell your seller to do this....

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

However as regards your cancellation.............

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.