Refund from negative balance

martynasvalys
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so I got into situation where I was buying off an item from a guy, but when I sent him money he changed his mind and I asked for a refund. He was willing to refund my money, but he couldn't because off his negative balance. I think he had -125 euro in his balance, when I sent my first 120 euro payment, his balance went up to -5 euro, I was consufed so I sent another euro, then his balance went up to -4 Euro. He wants to refund my money, but he cant, does anybody know how he can refund me the money ? 

Regards,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Open a dispute for non receipt of item via clicking on the transactions in your paypal account and using the resolve problem link. Escalate to a claim if no refund and do not close until you get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jr1996
Contributor
Contributor

there is no reason he cant refund you, it will just make him more negative. go to ebay and cancel or start a return, he is trying to keep your money, you can have him cancel the sale, you will get an email asking if you wasnt to cancel, if he has a bank account linked you will have to wait for a echeck to clear but if he has no bank, you will get your money right away.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jr1996

Nowhere did he say it was an Ebay transaction??

Which is why I have already advised to file a Paypal dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.