Refund Payment Status: COMPLETED but not refunded on my debit card

merchanthubs
Contributor
Contributor

I miss-purchased something online. I asked for a refund, seller refunded ASAP without questions.
Payment was transacted on October 9. Refund was made on October 9. Refund payment status was completed on October 9.
But until now, October 20 (as of this writing), it's still not refunded on my debit card.

I contacted paypal on facebook page, got a reply that I should see the refunded credited to my card by October 18 since the refund was issued on October 9. Until now, it's still not refunded on my debit card.

I contacted paypal again yesterday but no reply or update. Contacted paypal again today, still no reply or update.

How long does it usually take for the refund to reach my debit card? I can't just give up on that, it's Php 15,400 (approximately US$298).
And why is it too hard too hard to contact Paypal. No contact by email, only by phone. I don't want to go on the phone route as that is very costly.

Anybody got the same problem or experience? How long does it usually take for the refund to reach to debit card?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

merchanthubs
Contributor
Contributor

It's been 30 days and no one seems to care. I was given hope when Paypal replied to my inquiry with:

"We can help you trace your refund once 30 days or one billing cycle have passed."

Now that 30 days have passed, I'm on my own.

Login to Me Too

merchanthubs
Contributor
Contributor

Now, I'm adviced by Paypal customer service to wait for an additional 30 days 😞

Login to Me Too

merchanthubs
Contributor
Contributor

Until now, my refund is still not credited on my account. I contacted bank again and got a reply:

Hello Sir
Good Day

Feedback from RECON Team:
Case is still open.. investigation is still on going.

Cases like PayPal takes time to get reconciled.

I didn't thought it will take this long. It's been 43 days.
And I thought this community was useful. Never thought this is just a rant page.

Login to Me Too

merchanthubs
Contributor
Contributor

Refund now credited on my account after 43 days

Login to Me Too

and-rea
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have the same problem but I'm on my 2nd day today. Got worried a lot because you have waited for 43 days. 😞 I thought once na nag email sila na refunded na yung money sa account mo, nandun na din sya but no. 😞 do you make kulit on them or we realllllllyyyy have to wait that long?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.