Receiving salary from Capetown in USD what fees would there be

Mitchmiller
New Community Member

Hi everyone

I am very new to PayPal. My question for anyone out there that could help. I am thinking of doing some work for a company based in Capetown and they will be paying me in USD into my Paypal account. To find out if this will be viable for me, I need to know, when I receive that money, what likely fees I am going to incur. They have said they are paying in USD so will I have to pay a fee plus then I guess it will have to get converted into New Zealand Dollars, so do you know where Paypal gets the exchange rate from to do this?  I don't want to commit to this work and then find out that every time I am paid I end up having to pay heaps of fees.  Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Thank you.

I once did some Mystery Shopping and received money from overseas, I think it was actually from Malaysia, but I think it came into my account in NZD. Because I don't remember having to convert it to NZD or any fees.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.