Receiving money

Darkmage
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! I'm new to Paypal & was just wondering if it's safe to receive money? See, my friend doesn't have a Paypal account so he asked if I can receive the money for him via Paypal & then send it to him via bank transfer. Is there any way someone could request their money back on PayPal after I've withdrawn it? I don't wanna be get scammed lol

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It's possible - a sender could report an unauthorized transaction, then PayPal gets involved, does a review and makes a decision as to refund the sender's money or not.   Personally, I would not get in between a friend and a transaction such as this - why can't your friend open his own PayPal Account or find another way to get the money without getting you involved, but that's between you two.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

It's possible - a sender could report an unauthorized transaction, then PayPal gets involved, does a review and makes a decision as to refund the sender's money or not.   Personally, I would not get in between a friend and a transaction such as this - why can't your friend open his own PayPal Account or find another way to get the money without getting you involved, but that's between you two.

Login to Me Too

Darkmage
Contributor
Contributor
He can't register with his debit card for some reason. But you make a valid point. It's not worth the headache. Thanks for the response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.