Receiving money through Paypal

DK36
New Community Member

Someone wants to do a private transfer of money to me through paypal, will I be charged by paypal for this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Is this for a sale ?   If it is, then the better option is to send the buyer an invoice.   As the seller, it is never advisable to provide the buyer with your email address and have then send you the money directly.  This opens up the option to send it as a personal payment, which will save you the seller fees, but will NOT be protect you if the payment is reversed.   (Yes, there are fees for selling.)

If the transaction is just between two people (no sales), just one person sending money to another, assuming both accounts (sender and receiver) are in the same country and the sender chooses to use money from either his PayPal Account Balance or his checking account, there are no fees for either person.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

yellowpoetry
New Community Member
In my experience with invoicing people through PayPal for personal payments, I have been charged fees.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Is this for a sale ?   If it is, then the better option is to send the buyer an invoice.   As the seller, it is never advisable to provide the buyer with your email address and have then send you the money directly.  This opens up the option to send it as a personal payment, which will save you the seller fees, but will NOT be protect you if the payment is reversed.   (Yes, there are fees for selling.)

If the transaction is just between two people (no sales), just one person sending money to another, assuming both accounts (sender and receiver) are in the same country and the sender chooses to use money from either his PayPal Account Balance or his checking account, there are no fees for either person.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.