Receiving funds is it fraud ?

Highlina0619
New Community Member

I am a elling an item so the buyer told me to request the amount from my PayPal account. I shortly received two emails in my spam folder telling me that the money is pending but will not show unless I show proof of the shipping information of the product. I noticed at the end of the email that PayPal was spelled pakeyoypal. Is this legit or is the buyer trying to scam me ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Highlina0619 

Scam. PayPal doesn't hide payments from you until you do something first. PayPal don't work that way. If someone REALLY paid, you will see it in your available balance or pending balance if it is subject to PayPal's 21 day hold. Congrats, your scam radar is working.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Highlina0619 

Scam. PayPal doesn't hide payments from you until you do something first. PayPal don't work that way. If someone REALLY paid, you will see it in your available balance or pending balance if it is subject to PayPal's 21 day hold. Congrats, your scam radar is working.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.