Receiving and Sending

Roxyl
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all. I am from Namibia (Africa) for paypal we only have an option of personal paypal not business paypal. With this personal paypal I cant receive the payments but I can pay, But I need to receive payments. The closest country to me is South Africa, South Africa paypal they have both the personal and business and with both they can receive and send money. Hence, my question is, is it possible for me to use the South Africa paypal, will I be able to have access to money? 

Thank you!! 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Most likely you would need to provide proof you have a presence or reside in that country. 

Login to Me Too

Roxyl
Contributor
Contributor
I managed to register today. They don't need any paper work but I didn't use it yet to receieve money or anything. Is it possible to have access to the money? I'm not residing in that country. Is just the neighbouring country.
Login to Me Too

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

Check if you're email is confirmed

If you receive an email saying you’ve received a payment, but you don’t see it in your PayPal account, there are a number of possibilities:

• It may have been accidentally sent to the wrong email address. You could contact the sender to confirm that the payment was sent to the correct email address.
  • You may have the email address on your account, but you didn't confirm it. You need to confirm your email address to prove that you have access to it, before you can receive payments. You can confirm it under your payment settings.

Login to Me Too

Roxyl
Contributor
Contributor
This is not answering my question. Can you kindly please read again and respond accordingly it seems you are knowledgeable in this area
Login to Me Too

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

for a paypal account to receive money from someone (payment) you need to confirm your email address  try to check the status of your email on your profile  (gear/ cog icon)

Login to Me Too

Roxyl
Contributor
Contributor
You not answering my question. My email is already confirmed.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Roxyl,

I'm sorry that there has been confusion about your question. @Anonymous_User is correct. In order to have an account in South Africa, you must be a resident of that country, and proof of such may be required at any time. Using an account registered in a country in which you do not actually live would indicate that false information may have been used at signup, which would be a violation of the PayPal User Agreement.

I would suggest closing the account registered in South Africa as soon as you possibly can, before it gets limited by PayPal. A limitation would be very inconvenient, and it could affect your ability to use PayPal in the future even with an account registered in the correct country. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.