Receiving a car payment

Debssy
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have a genuine car buyer wanting my car and of which said he can pay via PayPal credit card. Not heard of this before. He will be viewing the car on Monday or Tuesday then said he’d leave a deposit to secure the sale before picking it up. Does this sound genuine to others please? He’s got 100% feedback Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Debssy wrote:
Hi I have a genuine car buyer wanting my car and of which said he can pay via PayPal credit card. Not heard of this before. He will be viewing the car on Monday or Tuesday then said he’d leave a deposit to secure the sale before picking it up. Does this sound genuine to others please? He’s got 100% feedback Thanks!

Hi @Debssy,

I have had some difficulty with determining suitable advice for this situation. PayPal does not offer a plastic "credit card" however the customer could have a credit line, worth up-to £8000 on their account.

Please bear in mind however, a credit line on PayPal cannot be used to transfer funds, but to make checkout purchases. If this transaction is over eBay, the customer could use their credit line on the checkout, but would not be able to leave a pre-sale "deposit" prior with this method.

I would exercise caution and ask the customer to explain further about their intended payment method. As the terms "PayPal Credit Card" are quite plain, I am unable to provide accurate advice on this.

I do not advise to provide the customer with access to the vehicle until the sale amount is paid in full. If this transaction is processed on PayPal, please understand that a motorized vehicle is not covered under Buyer & Fraud Protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.