Receiving Payment

ddedman85
Contributor
Contributor

Can I decline a payment that is being sent to me? It is currently pending. The payer has already sent payment via alternate method. They arent able to cancel the sent payment. Can I decline it before it posts to my balance?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ddedman85
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thanks! I was attempting to decline it from the app, but that isnt possible. I found that you can decline a pending payment that is being received from the full site. I went to Activity> Clicked on the pending payment > Decline > confirmed the declined payment. It immediately showed the payment was declined and informed the sender that it was returned. Im finding that paypal.me is a quicker more convenient way to receive money from family and friends.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ddedman85

You can refund it once it has cleared into your paypal balance.

UNLESS its pending because its an echeque? If so then......

Go to Account Overview > History > Find the relevant payment > Details > Cancel Payment under ‘Cancel this eCheque payment’ > Review the information and include a message to buyer > Cancel Payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

ddedman85
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Thanks! I was attempting to decline it from the app, but that isnt possible. I found that you can decline a pending payment that is being received from the full site. I went to Activity> Clicked on the pending payment > Decline > confirmed the declined payment. It immediately showed the payment was declined and informed the sender that it was returned. Im finding that paypal.me is a quicker more convenient way to receive money from family and friends.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.