Received two email from Paypal on April 21, 2019

Rowan3
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

I would like to check the below email is true or false, since they asking to state my users name and Secret number, please advise and what the reason for the same.

Confirm your card

Dear Ali <removed>,

You linked your debit or credit card to your PayPal account on . To make sure the card is yours, we made a small charge to it that you'll need to confirm (and we'll refund the money to your PayPal account when you're done).

The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. If you don't see the charge right away, don't worry - sometimes it takes a few days to show up. If you can't check your card statement online, check your paper statement when it comes in the mail (this can take up to 30 days). You will find the charge from PayPal with a 4-digit code.

How to confirm your card:

1. Check your card statement and look for a charge from "PayPal" with a 4-digit code next to it.
  2. Log in to your PayPal account and click Confirm Credit Card.
  3. Enter the 4-digit code to confirm your card.

When that's done, you'll be able to pay safer online with your card through PayPal - without ever exposing your financial information to sellers.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Help  | Security Centre 

Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help & Contact.

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory – PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal's stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

PayPal PPX000285:N/A:a7f38d5d55463

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Abdrahman
Contributor
Contributor
Just contact PayPal support team and they will give you the way forward. In your PayPal account go to Contact Us then proceed to Email Us where you will be assisted
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.