Received 2 Paypal payment notifications, 45 minutes later my debit card was temporarily disabled

otilane
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

As the title says, essentially I got two notifications for less than a euro each, one being a payment to Paypal and the other being Paypal paying me back the same amount of money, both in the span of less than 5 seconds. I remembered some news from Paypal about some security concerns and verifications and assume it was that, however that was at least a month ago and I was fairly certain that I never linked that specific card to Paypal.

Less than an hour after, 45 minutes to be exact, my bank goes ahead and sends me a message notifying me of my card being temporarily shut down. Knowing that all I've done is bought stuff through Paypal, which I haven't done in 2-3 weeks roughly, and gone to the store, I came to the conclusion that my card must have been linked to another account without my consent.

To clarify, this is my only account that I use for Paypal and I do not nor have I ever owned another Paypal account. I would like to request if there's a way to identify the account that attempted to link or linked my debit card.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.