Real or fake?

Arran121
Contributor
Contributor

Is this email from <remove>? Thanks for the help! Dear Arran, You received an instant payment of $185.00 AUD from Aida Rita Noah (removed) This Notification confirms that you have received an instant payment of $185.00 AUD from Aida Rita Noah through PayPal payment service. Please be aware that It will take some minutes for This transaction to appear in your Recent Activity list on your Account Overview. Seller Protection - Eligible Buyer Merchant <removed> Note to seller Please Within 24HRS. Shipping Information Address - confirmed Address: <removed> Postage details Auspost Express Mail Service (EMS) Description Unit price Qty Amount Goods $100.00 AUD 1 $185.00 AUD Shipping and Handling $85.00 AUD Insurance - not offered ---- Total $185.00 AUD Payment sent to &amp;amp;lt;my email removed when posting this&amp;amp;gt; Issues with this transaction? Please Note: Once the shipment is confirmed, The funds will become operational in your account and you will receive a "CONFIRMATION" email from Merchant Portal PayPal Payment Services informing you that your account has been credited. SECURITY WARNING: Do not give, call nor ask anyone "not even PayPal officials" about your PayPal account password/transaction details for your own security purpose because if you do, it is at your own risk and PayPal will not be held responsible for any loss. If you have any questions about your transaction at all, simply reply directly to this email, we will receive your email and treat it urgently. We do not allow calls on transaction basis for a successful transaction and we would like to inform you that PayPal will be responsible for any loose this transaction may result to. Currency conversion: To complete this transaction, we've converted the payment amount to the currency of your card. Our currency conversion fee was added to the exchange rate, which is set by an external financial institution. For more information about fees, see our Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement. Individuals Find out why we have more than 200M active accounts worldwide

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Sidy1
New Community Member

The fake Gumtree phishing Jeremy who is 'offshore on an oil rig' is active again. BE AWARE!!

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The grammar and spelling are not indicative of PayPal employees or form letters. “ inform you that PayPal will be responsible for any loose this transaction may result t”

Any “loose” tells you the email is a scam. “Loss” is the correct spelling and word. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arran121 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.