Question

audreycarpenter
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that unless a PayPal account is "verified" there is a limit on how much that account can receive from incoming individuals or, for example, the IRS.

My friend recently had trouble with her tax refund being deposited into her PayPal account because her account was not "verified". 

1) How do I find out if my personal account is verified?

2) If it's not verified, how can I become verified?

3) If I can't get my account verified, what it the maximum amount that someone can send me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MichaelDj12
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

You can verify your account by either adding and confirming a bank account, or applying for and being approved for a PayPal Credit product.

Verification of identity increases customer trust because it creates a higher level of confidence that a person is who they say they are. When other PayPal users see that you are a Verified User, they know you have taken the steps to provide additional evidence of your identity. This creates confidence and a willingness to do business with you.

However, we may ask you to confirm your identity to ensure you’re the one authorizing activity in your PayPal account. We may also do this as a security precaution if we see new or unusual activity, such as logging in to your PayPal account from a new device or from a different location. You can help avoid these checks by keeping your PayPal account up to date. Make sure your profile includes your current address, phone number, and personal information as well as your updated financial information.  

For more details on how to verify the account here's the link for your reference:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/am-i-being-asked-to-complete-a-security-check-so-i-can-v...

If I can't get my account verified, what it the maximum amount that someone can send me? Once your account is verified , no minimum and maximum amount that you can accept/receive money from someone. However there are times that it will be on hold for the review. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.