Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on SMS Paypal Security

Highlighted
New Community Member

Question on SMS Paypal Security

Hello all,

For about two years I have consistently received Paypal 2FA Security Codes by SMS from 62226.

Today I received a code from 67975. The code worked as usual, and I was able to login to Paypal. There is no sign of fraudulent activity on my account.

Is there a pool of SMS short numbers that Paypal Security SMS can come from? If so, it would be handy to know what numbers are valid.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Question on SMS Paypal Security

The sms code 67975 did this turn out to be a scam or was the code a legitimate one as I have had the same 

thanks

Highlighted
New Community Member

Could someone answer this question please?
Highlighted
New Community Member

Somebody tried to trick me into given them the code but what was unusual is it came from 67975 where as normally it comes from 62226. Luckily I did not provide the code to the fraudster and logged in to check for suspicious activity this seems fine at the moment but I’m quite worried in case they have somehow gained access just by me receiving the text
Highlighted
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me, pretty sure it’s a scam as 2 hours after the ‘code’ is sent another message follows saying your PayPal account has been used. If it wasn’t you then click the link etc. I have the PayPal app so logged in there instead of clicking the link and can see the account hasn’t been used.
Highlighted
New Community Member

I just had 67975 text me with

"PayPal fraud alert: are you trying to pay $1,000,000.00 USD? If yes, reply 1. If no, reply 2. Text & data rates apply."

I haven't responded (obviously) but no apparent waiting transaction in my PayPal account. I have emailed PayPal's spoof account, no response as of yet.