Question about people sending money

Knittykat
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there. Someone wants to buy our truck and wants to pay through PayPal. They claim to be on a Navy Ship and cannot meet us in person and will send someone to pick up the vehicle. It all seems funny. Can they get access to my account with just my email? That’s all they need to send mo eh to us, right? Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Knittykat 

Seems like a scam. Typical excuses include working in the military, is currently traveling overseas, working on an oil rig, etc. Vehicles are not covered under PayPal Seller Protection. Generally, all a sender needs is your PayPal email address to send money. Be careful because you do not know who is on the other end. Stolen account or financial info may be used to pay you just to cause mischief. Or trick you by saying they've paid but haven't.

Insist on cash and carry.

Please read Seller Protection Program terms:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_CA#seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Knittykat
Contributor
Contributor
And you were right on. The email came saying “send $500 for the shipping fee” and I was like, sure...lol Thank you. You confirmed my suspicions. I appreciate it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.