Question about my business account

creativebargain
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Ok, so I have a paypal business account with a linked paypal business debit card that I use for my Ebay sales and misc other sales. I recently started a second business and am trying to set everything up for my new business separately. I need for both accounts to be able to accept paypal as that's my main way of processing but I need them to go to different bank accounts. How would I go about doing this? Can I have 2 accounts, Or can I just set each up with a different email? Or what would be my course of action here. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@creativebargain 

You can call PayPal about whether it is possible to set up a child account within your business account for your second business. Then link a second bank account to your PayPal and withdraw to the bank account you want, and adding a different email address to receive payments to your second business.

Of if they'll let you set up a second separate business account to facilitate your second business as generally each user can have one business account and one personal account.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@creativebargain 

You can call PayPal about whether it is possible to set up a child account within your business account for your second business. Then link a second bank account to your PayPal and withdraw to the bank account you want, and adding a different email address to receive payments to your second business.

Of if they'll let you set up a second separate business account to facilitate your second business as generally each user can have one business account and one personal account.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

creativebargain
Contributor
Contributor
I just got off with customer support on chat. They no longer offer child accounts and I would have to open a new account and be subject to them holding my money. Which sucks. Do you know a way around that?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi @creativebargain

Sorry if this creates an inconvenience. I don't know if this is what you're looking for but I may have an idea. 

With PayPal, you can add multiple emails and banks to one account. In turn, you can set up websites to receive payments to a specific email address on your account. If you are to download the history on your account, you can see which payments were sent to which email address. Depending on your volume, this may become too complicated. However, it is just an idea that may help with not getting holds. 

Regards, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.