Question about fees.

TheKoff
New Community Member

I received payment of $38.54 for a service for which I charge $40.  The memo said my client had actually sent $41.46  ($1.46 was the figure given

for the transaction fee). It looks to me like both my client and I were charged the fee of $1.46. I have other clients using the same service and paying

me through PayPal. The amount I receive from them is always $40. I do not understand why from this one client I am getting only $38.54.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@TheKoff 

Welcome to the Community Forum! 

I understand this can be confusing since both you and your buyer are charged for fees. Selling is 2.9% + $0.30 per sale. Sending in the U.S. is free if funded by Funded by your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance or a bank account linked to PayPal, however, if Funded by a credit card, debit card or PayPal Credit. There is a corresponding fee of 2.9%   plus a fixed fee (from the table on the link ) based on the currency of the transaction.I attached a link for you to check the fees associated when buying and selling using Paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂

Stay Safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.