Question about fee

mamamechie
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent money to my grandson and I forgot to change from goods and services to send to friend or relative. Is there any way to get the fee refunded?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MichaelDj12
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, 

Good Day to you. 

We appreciate sending your concern about the fee, we are sorry to inform you once the payment has been completed we can no longer cancel, amend or reverse. And the fee will not able to refund. 

For your future reference, we highly recommend to double check the payment type to avoid this from happening again. 

If you’re sending a personal payment, payment types include:

• Send to a friend - used when sending money to a friend or family member.
  • Paying for an item or service - Use this payment type when buying an item or service from someone. When you make a purchase, the seller pays a small fee to receive your money.
  • Send to friends abroad - used when sending money to friends and family across the globe.
  • Send a digital gift card - used to send a gift card that can be personalized with a message.

You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your bank account or, if you have a PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account, your balance. There is a small charge for payments made with a debit or credit card.

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @mamamechie thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. On the previous post you were given about the fees associated when you are sending money or buying online. In regards to your concern if there's any way that fees get refunded,yes! in the event that the recipient's account is Personal and not affected by the Refund Policy. Once he issued a refund or the entire transaction has been refunded,fees would be waived. You will receive the whole amount that you sent and the fees associated on that transaction. I added a link regarding refund. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212 If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.