Question Regarding internet transaction

Will845
New Community Member

Hi so long story short I’m interested in buying an Instagram account off a guy, I met on Instagram so far he seems cool an not suspect he comes off as legit but I still don’t know yet but he’s charging me $400 for his Instagram which has a lot of followers 300k, now me knowing that that’s a lot of money I’m going to be sending I’m putting my faith in PayPal if something gos wrong, I would hope I’m protected and can get my $400 back after being scammed but with that being said I wish PayPal had a middle man for transaction like these when it comes to sending money .. like how can I & PayPal make sure he won’t take the money and not give me the account and password after I send him the money ? Like how can I prevent that from happening an me being internet scammed during the transaction ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Will845

There is limited protection on paypal for 'virtual / digital' content.

So your best bet is to read up on buyer protection in the user agreement so you can risk assess your transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.