Purpose code to receive prize money from a online Hackathon internationally

vinit2997
Contributor
Contributor

So there was a Hackathon held online, in which I qualified as one of the winners. Now they have asked for a Paypal Account so as to remit prize money. On registering myself with Paypal there's something called as 'Purpose Code' which Paypal has set a mandate so as to receive any payments and withdraw them to your local bank account. So which Purpose Code should I select ? P.S I am from India

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @vinit2997,

Thank you for your post! Accounts in India may receive payments for items or services sold internationally. The Purpose Code would be a code that relates to the type of business that you are conducting. I regret that we cannot make the choice for you. You would have to choose the one from the list that best describes your purpose for receiving a payment.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.