Purchase from a NON-PayPal Merchant

WesRSA
Contributor
Contributor

I made an impulse-purchase from a merchant who does not offer PayPal payment service. Is it possible to establish the trust-worthiness of the merchant through Pay-Pal?

(Merchant advertised through Facebook and I regretted not establishing their trust-worthiness the moment I made the payment. Merchant https://Freshlightblue.com. Product: Laptop Product Code M123551)

Wessels

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WesRSA 

No. The merchant has to have a PayPal account. If they accept credit cards via an integrated online web shop with their cc merchant account, that is ok because credit cards also protect you from unauthorized payments and have purchase protection/assurance, not just PayPal.

I took a look at the store and it's "one of those". Not saying you will be scammed for sure but it looks typical of the sites that people have reported problems with.

If you paid with a credit card, check with your card issuer for any purchase protection/assurance programs and how they would work on your purchases. Typically, you'd file a dispute on the transaction by calling customer service number on back of card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WesRSA 

No. The merchant has to have a PayPal account. If they accept credit cards via an integrated online web shop with their cc merchant account, that is ok because credit cards also protect you from unauthorized payments and have purchase protection/assurance, not just PayPal.

I took a look at the store and it's "one of those". Not saying you will be scammed for sure but it looks typical of the sites that people have reported problems with.

If you paid with a credit card, check with your card issuer for any purchase protection/assurance programs and how they would work on your purchases. Typically, you'd file a dispute on the transaction by calling customer service number on back of card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.