Purchase from China - no product description

NAyal
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm trying to buy a couple of products from China. The seller has not put a product deception and has split the purchase price into two separate payments. If the item doesn't arrive or the item isn't correct, would I still be protected to raise a dispute? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NAyal 

If he has sent x2 purchases but you only made x1 payment then if only x1 item turns up and the seller provides trackable proof of delivery then you won't be covered if the other one doesn't....typical Chinese seller tactic !!

Personally i never buy from China as its normally tat anyway but thats just my opinion.

If you are lucky or unlucky enough to get both items and they are 'misdescribed' (likely !!) then you can open a dispute to say that BUT if paypal find in your favour then you often have to return the goods first at your own expense...trackable to prove delivery....before you get a refund, the costs of the return is often more than the items cost sometimes !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NAyal 

If he has sent x2 purchases but you only made x1 payment then if only x1 item turns up and the seller provides trackable proof of delivery then you won't be covered if the other one doesn't....typical Chinese seller tactic !!

Personally i never buy from China as its normally tat anyway but thats just my opinion.

If you are lucky or unlucky enough to get both items and they are 'misdescribed' (likely !!) then you can open a dispute to say that BUT if paypal find in your favour then you often have to return the goods first at your own expense...trackable to prove delivery....before you get a refund, the costs of the return is often more than the items cost sometimes !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.