Purchase Protection - Payment on EBay through Paypal

avandermerwe
New Community Member

I purchased an item on EBay and paid through Paypal with my credit card. The item never arrived and I now want a refund, but can't find the transaction under my account. Please assist?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avandermerwe wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I didn't log into Paypal when I paid, so I would have just paid through a guest account. Is there any way to view that transaction?

Also with the item on E-bay, due to it having been purchased over 30 days ago, I don't have the option to file it as "Not received". The seller kept on asking me to please not log a complaint  and that they would sort it out themselves, but they never did. Now requesting a refund through Paypal seems to be my only option.

You probably won't be able to see the transaction now since it's been 30 days unless you signed up for PayPal account when you received the PayPal confirmation of the payment after your purchase. Since you paid as PayPal guest, could either contact your payment method provider to file a dispute, or contact PayPal customer services so they can open a dispute for you. Click "Help" at the top menu and scroll down to "Contact Us" and choose the phone option. Have the PayPal payment receipt handy when you call. You may need to provide the transaction ID.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, file an Item Not Received dispute with eBay. Look up the transaction and there is a dropdown menu on the right of the transaction listing with the option to report Item Not Received. It's odd that the payment transaction is not listed in your PayPal account if you logged in with PayPal to pay and not as a PayPal Guest. Its only paying as a PayPal guest (without PayPal account) that your payment will be found with the payment method you used, not with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

avandermerwe
New Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I didn't log into Paypal when I paid, so I would have just paid through a guest account. Is there any way to view that transaction?

Also with the item on E-bay, due to it having been purchased over 30 days ago, I don't have the option to file it as "Not received". The seller kept on asking me to please not log a complaint  and that they would sort it out themselves, but they never did. Now requesting a refund through Paypal seems to be my only option.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avandermerwe wrote:

You probably won't be able to see the transaction now since it's been 30 days unless you signed up for PayPal account when you received the PayPal confirmation of the payment after your purchase. Since you paid as PayPal guest, could either contact your payment method provider to file a dispute, or contact PayPal customer services so they can open a dispute for you. Click "Help" at the top menu and scroll down to "Contact Us" and choose the phone option. Have the PayPal payment receipt handy when you call. You may need to provide the transaction ID.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.