Prolonged Delay

andrewcb
Contributor
Contributor

An editing company has made two deposits, one April 25 another May 4. As the May 4 note from them explains all editing has been done. They assured me they have done everything they can.

One notice on the homepage said that I'm a new "seller." I am not a seller. This is a personal account.

Pay Pal has assured us that during the corona situation, the company would facilitate and expedite. I hope so because my fiance is in the Manila lockdown and I need to send cash to her family and friends.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, or you can do, to facilitate these transfers. These very, very long delays, unprecedented in the financial services industry, seem to break with the company's original mission of more or less immediate transfer. I hope to see the Pay Pal return to its original roots. Meantime please advise. There are people in Manila depending on this transfer. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andrewcb 

Does not matter what account type you have if you are receiving payment using the goods / services option then you are a seller.

Info on funds release in the links if its the new seller hold?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3743

However to get it more quickly if it was a payment for a ''service'' then...........

For a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

The sender / buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If they confirm this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.