Process

Appraiser
New Community Member

I am selling an Inogen machine and am verifying the process.  The buyer has issued a credit and I have received an email from paypal.  The message is from Richard <removed>.  Guess I want to make sure I am not getting scammed.  Supposedly I will receive 2 emails.  Does this sound right?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Appraiser 

"Buyer issued a credit"? That doesn't sound right. Buyer can't withhold the money, "issue a credit" or whatever that buyer is telling you. You should believe what you see in your PayPal account. If you don't see money, you have not been paid. Scammers can send fake emails pretending to be PayPal. PayPal does not hide payments from you asking you to buy gift cards, make payments to third parties or ask for tracking number first before showing your payment in your PayPal account. You should just get one email with very basic information: who paid, how much, for what and transaction ID.

Tell buyer sorry, you don't see payment in your account so you're contacting PayPal to check and verify payment, they'll go away.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Appraiser 

"Buyer issued a credit"? That doesn't sound right. Buyer can't withhold the money, "issue a credit" or whatever that buyer is telling you. You should believe what you see in your PayPal account. If you don't see money, you have not been paid. Scammers can send fake emails pretending to be PayPal. PayPal does not hide payments from you asking you to buy gift cards, make payments to third parties or ask for tracking number first before showing your payment in your PayPal account. You should just get one email with very basic information: who paid, how much, for what and transaction ID.

Tell buyer sorry, you don't see payment in your account so you're contacting PayPal to check and verify payment, they'll go away.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.