Privacy Issues

Roguewallflower
New Community Member

I am very very concerned about the LACK OF Privacy with the paypal.me part of paypal.... shouldn't the point of this be for people to just send you money, why do they need to have my personal name. I thought this would be a private way to receive payments for things without giving out my personal email or name, i choice my link under a username, i have a nickname, why does it have to post my personal name for everyone and their grandmother to see. Do an streamers or models or any other people use this feature to receive donations or payments? Like I am not running a business so I shouldn't need a business account, so why can't i hide my personal name from the world to see. I use paypal so that people are not getting my information online, like retailers would get it through the computer when I fill out shipping information but random people should not have access to see my information. Paypal you need to change this, allow people to use nicknames or usernames in this feature, specially since we can't use anything but a legal name for an account anyway (since it asked me to prove my identity when i clicked the change name out of curiosity) I need a way to receive money without passing my name out to the world.  Oh and also, why the hell can't we just email the customer service representative directly, why does it have to be a forum for everything, I want to talk to person not click through useless questions that aren't even what I am trying to ask. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.