Possible eBay scam

gabekatko19
New Community Member
I listed an item on eBay and someone reached out to me about buying it. In addition, they asked me if in addition to her purchasing my item if I could add a $300 visa gift card to the package. I said sure and she asked me to send her a picture of both sides of the card and the reciept so that PayPal would confirm the payment. I never got paid, never got a notification in PayPal about the payment but I got an email that went directly to my spam folder in my email. Also, she spent the card before the package was even shipped and the package came back to me because the address I received from her was “wrong.” I reach out to her about all this and she told me to check my spam folder again and there I saw an email asking me to send PayPal five separate payments of $100 eBay gift cards as an “error payment” so that the funds would be released into my account plus $500 more to the payment from the original transaction. It all seems like a scam, are any of these things stuff you guys normally do?? I’m so confused and conflicted
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.