Possibility of scam?

Podhaj
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new here. So sorry for doubling the topic. I wanted to sell my item in internet. 2 person ware interested in buying it. But they said that payment need to be by paypal. Ok than i have made a new account and i was mailing with them. I said what the price will be so the 1 person told me that he will send courier from shipping company to collect it. When courier will collect a package than he will pay me. I said no. When he will come he can see the item, make a photo, can call you that everything is ok, its public. He can check it and then from hand to hand he can pay me. Or if buyer want to he can first pay me by paypal and than can pick up the package. So i received a 4 emails, 3 of them was from paypal and fourth was from shipping company. In paypal emails was written that they collected a payment for me but its freezed ( item price+shipping costs) and if i will pay for shipping costs and send a proof to shipping company than they will send a courier for the package. And also the same proof i need to send to paypal so they will unfreeze payment for me. Than i realised that first i need to pay from my pocket to receive a package value plus shipping cost. Second thing was that emails from "paypal" and "shipping company" was written from adress like <remove> (shipping company) and representativepaydept(at)gmail.com (paypal). So all are from gmail adress. Why would paypal and shipping company using gmail mails? When they have theirs own email servers. And third thing was the way these email was written. They were slovenly written. Isn't it that when someone sends you money than they simple came into paypal account? Thank you from the top for your help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Podhaj
Contributor
Contributor
After all, next person wroted to me that want to buy from me this item. The thing is that he did the same as first scammer. The only diference was when i ignored second one after few days he was so insolent to sent my a mail as his "lawyer" and he demanded me to pay shipping company within 48 hours. Otherwise court or bailiff proceedings will be instituted. Of course the message was written from yahoo very messy. And the images it contains looked like from Windows 98 (im talking about quality). And to think that there are people whos getting caught in this **bleep**. So once again thank you verry much. I think it will be a lesson for someone. Have a nice day 😊

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Qemz
Contributor
Contributor

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM, Do not send any money. You are the seller don't forget that, why should you the seller be sending money to someone else? Besides shipping and fees. Which are handled by REAL companies In REAL life or automatically. For example, Whatever website you are using should take those fees automatically. Offerup/eBay/Paypal/etc. will take fees automatically. You have to physically go to shipping couriers and fill info out, they don't have time to just come to some random sellers house who isn't licensed. Sure if you have a company and are shipping out multiple packages. Those emails are not PayPal and neither are they a "shipping" company. Its probably the same guy, and Paypal won't have a Gmail, yes good red flag, they will use their own domain as their email address example "@paypal.com" or "@usps.com" instead of "@gmail.com" or "@yahoo.com" and many other companies do the same unless its some startup company which even then they should buy a domain it's very cheap. You cant use these emails because to see replies to them you need access to the domain or you need to buy the domain to use them which isn't cheap. I really hope you did not send any money to them. 

Login to Me Too

Podhaj
Contributor
Contributor
Im glad to hear that 🙂 As i told, something touched me to check it out. fortunately, I didn't pay this cheater. Thanks God. Thank you friend for your replay, you have helped me a lot. Wish you all the best and have a nice day 🙂 With regards 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Podhaj
Contributor
Contributor
After all, next person wroted to me that want to buy from me this item. The thing is that he did the same as first scammer. The only diference was when i ignored second one after few days he was so insolent to sent my a mail as his "lawyer" and he demanded me to pay shipping company within 48 hours. Otherwise court or bailiff proceedings will be instituted. Of course the message was written from yahoo very messy. And the images it contains looked like from Windows 98 (im talking about quality). And to think that there are people whos getting caught in this **bleep**. So once again thank you verry much. I think it will be a lesson for someone. Have a nice day 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.