Policy Update: Paypal Cash Account? I'm confused...

rplayboy
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the email from PayPal informing me of new policy updates due to new consumer protection regulations. In short, if a user wants to hold and use a PayPal balance then this new cash account will have to be created. If the user's identity has already been verified then the account will be created automatically. I've never used a PayPal balance to pay anything. I've always used my linked CC or bank account. Will I be forced to use this new PayPal cash account for future transactions? Just seems like an unnecessary layer to me.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

rplayboy
Contributor
Contributor

PinoBatch: Yea. I'm never going to use PayPal as a debit card, hehe. I'm perfectly fine with my Credit Union account. I only use PayPal as an intermediate payment option so that I don't have to handover my normal account information. I understand the "convenience" factor but I don't need this to be an account with PayPal. I literally never hold a balance there.

Login to Me Too

Malik11011
Contributor
Contributor
Tbis cash plus account is a load of crap. I didnt know i was opening up a cash plus account. Now i cant access my money. I cant withdraw, send to myself another card or person or spend in store or online. And all they could tell me was sorry!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.