Policy Changes: Are the fees changing?

SilverStarBurst
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. So I received an email this morning, April 15, 2019, to notify me of policy changes, and I’m a little confused. The wording makes it sound as if they are adding a fee for sending money from account to account (friend or family) where previously it was free. Also, I wasn’t clear on if the normal transaction fees are changing (currently 2.9% + $0.30). I tried to write PayPal directly about it, but they don’t have a way to contact them for questions like that. Can anyone help me? I just really want to be clear about what I need to do with my online sales to prepare for these changes. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SilverStarBurst 

When they say their "fees are changing", it's just generally speaking and then it goes in to explaining exactly what is changing.

A) There is no change to the standard PayPal fees rates. Only that when we issue refunds, PayPal won't refund the PayPal fees at all.

B) There are certain situations when we send F&F payments, fees are charged, right? They are changing the fee structure to that. It does not say that where it was once free to send F&F payments, they are charging.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SilverStarBurst
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I very much appreciate it! 😃

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.