Phone Calls from <removed>

WillingFoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Sorry beforehand if someone has already asked the same question. I missed a phone call from <removed> earlier this afternoon. I looked the number up in who-called and the reviews are mixed. Some people profess it to be a genuine PayPal number while others think it's a scam. This got be curious so I picked it up when they called for the second time later today. A woman (who insisted that she was from PayPal) asked my email address to verify my identity. Now I got scammed out of money just a couple of months ago thanks to TSB so I didn't give it to her. She didn't persist and just told me to call back on a phone number on PayPal website. From how the conversation went, it seems it seems that the call COULD be legitimately from PayPal. But then why oh why would they not communicate using myriads of other safe communication options? I am still suspicious. If anyone could shed a light on this, I'd be very very grateful.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.