Phishing

tani27
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I received an email and I’m wondering if it’s actually from you. My iPhone auto fill doesn’t recognise when I try enter details (I don’t enter anything). I searched the email address and apparently you guys say it’s legit, but something is a bit fishy. Here’s the email copied exactly: PayPal Your account has been limited. Hello, Customer We've limited your account After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Please log in to confirm your identity and review all your recent activity You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page. Secure your account Having trouble logging in? Recover your account Help Contact Fees Security Apps Shop PayPal logo Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, visit our Help & Contact by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 PayPal. All rights reserved. Consumer advisory - PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal's store value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully. PayPal PPC001577:1a6a0b6e5aa8c PayPal Your account has been limited. Hello, Customer We've limited your account After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. Please log in to confirm your identity and review all your recent activity You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page. Secure your account Having trouble logging in? Recover your account Help Contact Fees Security Apps Shop PayPal logo Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, visit our Help & Contact by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 PayPal. All rights reserved. Consumer advisory - PayPal Pte. Ltd., the holder of PayPal's store value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Users are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully. PayPal PPC001577:1a6a0b6e5aa8c Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tani27 

Thank you for reaching us through community center. I hope you are doing just fine.  

Fake emails, also known as 'phishing' or 'spoof' emails, attempt to trick you into revealing personal or financial information such as bank account details, credit card details and passwords etc. These fake emails often link to fake (spoof) websites where your information can be collected if you type it.

View this article to identify if the email you received is from PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-can-i-tell-if-an-email-is-genuinely-from-paypal--faq...

Hope that helps. Take care.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.