Phishing scam

Reagera
New Community Member

Hi. A customer recently bought an item. They have said that they had payed and I got an email. The email address however I dont think is a genuine address. Is the email trustworthy? Also here is the full email that they sent me for you to analyse. Your contentment is main to us. Please kindly reply to this message if you have any question(s) concerning this transaction and I'll be happy to help you. Thanks for using PayPal. Your funds has been deducted from our client, Diaz <removed> account. Be knowledgeable that you're 100% safe with PayPal and you don't need to worry about anything therefore you're to go ahead with this transaction for your account to be credited as soon as you Mail us the Shipping Tracking Number receipt given to you at Postal/Shipping Service. We're sorry, we won't be able to reach via phone call for now due to many transaction commencing everyday via PayPal. We want you to know that your money is still "Pending" in our database, that's the reason why it will not reflect in your PayPal account yet. For security basis, you'll have to send the Shipment Tracking # to us via this Email monitoring your transaction between you and Diaz <removed> before you can have access to the whole payment. The total sum of £356.00 GBP has been credited into your account, but it will neither be displayed nor be obtainable for withdrawal. We're doing this to protect you and your buyer from any fraudulent act. Get the Item sent and get back to us with the Shipment Tracking # so that we can verify and APPROVED it valid and therefore, credit your account at once. You should provide us the following information as soon as you send the Item for verification and confirmation. (1) The Shipment Tracking Reference Number: (2) The Sender's Full Name and Address: (3) The Name of Postal/Shipping Service in Sending The Item: (4) The Delivery Day for The Arrival of Items: Note: Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Once we've confirmed that the transaction is valid, the money will be available in your PayPal account and will be transferred to your bank account/credit card of choosing. We apologize for any difficulty or inconvenience this may cause. Sincerely, PayPal. The Transfer Approved. f668a9b13ce99ca9b469c0eab7c8667d.jpeg (194×123) <removed> President of PayPal, Inc. PayPal Email ID PP1445 Copyright © 2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Also this email is not not sent in the usual format that PayPal sends me and gmail also identifies this email as 'This message seems dangerous'. What should I do to proceed. I really do want to carry out this deal but I dont really have much experience when it comes to phishing etc.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reagera 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reagera 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reagera
New Community Member
Thank you very very much.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.