Personal information given to customers on Business Account

bettyscoop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have tried to reply to several threads where this topic already appears to be discussed but the forum won't let me reply so the only option is to start a thread, maybe that's preferred, many forums hate that so I was trying to avoid doing so!

I am trying to find out what information customers can get about name and address of the owner of a business account. I actually spoke to a lovely lady at Paypal today who assured me 99.9999%, but not quite 100%! So I thought I would post in case anyone can shed any light.

I want to use a Business Account to take website payments. Nothing too fancy, just simple "Buy Now" buttons, or actually I may use a third party service like E-Junkie or one of those types of systems, which will need a Paypal account plugged in. I do not want my personal name or address given to customers. I read some threads on here and most people say that a Business Account will only give out the business account name and an email address. If that's true, that's good news. But is it?

P.S. Someone on the forum said customers can find personal name and address if they do a chargeback. I asked the woman I spoke to today at Paypal UK support and she said that would be a breach of DPA so that shouldn't happen.

Thanks for any votes either way

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bettyscoop
Contributor
Contributor

I would be really grateful if someone could chip in on this

Login to Me Too

bettyscoop
Contributor
Contributor

Really? Nobody has anything to offer by way of reply?
Paypal referred me to this forum as the "best place for help". I am glad I didn't go to the worst place! 😄

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.