Personal account or business account ? Payments from buyers with personal account ?

alikaderrg
Contributor
Contributor

I'm an eBay seller, Should I use a personal account or business account? and can I still receive payments from buyers with a personal account?
Keep in mind I'm from Algeria and both my eBay account and PayPal are too. and I've Lithuania (Paysera) debit card linked to my PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alikaderrg 

From eBay:

"Personal accounts are for casual buying and selling on eBay, while business accounts are a good option for sellers who:

• Sell ​​items that were bought exclusively for resale
  • Make items and sell them, intending to make a profit
  • Sell a large number of goods on a regular basis
  • Buy items for their business

Business sellers can register with a company name which will appear in correspondences and invoices. They may also be eligible for tax benefits and qualify for discounts on eBay fees.

To become a business seller, you can either change your personal account to a business account or register a new business account."

======

If you're a casual/occasional seller with eBay, then link a personal Paypal account. If you want to go full stop pro seller, larger volume, then open a PayPal business account to link with it.

Note: Don't know if you were ever able to withdraw to your Paysera card before but in your country, funds can only be withdrawn to Visa card issued in Algeria.

See (select country from menu) for PayPal offerings in your country: 

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.