Person Account Creation Name Query

Lewis1996
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a query/question regarding setting up a new PayPal personal account.

First of all, let me share some context:

I need to make a new PayPal account after this one got permanently limited because I reached a receiving limit and was asked by PayPal to provide more information, and even though I submitted photos of my passport, drivers license and latest bank statement, PayPal was unable to confirm that it's my account because the name of the account doesn't match those of the documents provided. I understand this but have to admit that I find it rather silly, because when I set my account up back in 2017, there was nothing stopping me from using a pseudonym (which I had done for privacy concerns), also, I linked and confirmed my bank account, so surely that proved it's me...

Anyways, PayPal allowed me to withdraw all the balance from my account to my bank account and recommended that I disconnect my bank details and then set up a new account. So, I practiced setting up a business account (didn't complete all the steps) yet had an email asking me to confirm my "new business account", and was able to log in. So confused at this, I tried closing the account I didn't realise I actually opened, and I was unable to, as there are already limitations on the account because I haven't verified anything. So now I have had to send numerous emails to PayPal (is it just me or do they take forever to respond?) asking them to close this business account I accidentally set up (it's a two second job, the account is brand new and has nothing connected to it such as a bank account, it's not even confirmed).

I want to keep myself private but not cut any corners with the rules of PayPal, I am more than happy to set up a new personal PayPal account, but it's asking for my "First" and "Last" name, well, this combination is something I wish to keep private, it's 2019 and the internet is full of trolls, hackers and malicious users, I really like PayPal's services, but I really dislike the fact that there's no way to hide your name or use a proven pseudonym, now I do understand that you can use a business account to remain somewhat anonymous, but I'm not a business, so I want to stay clear from that route.

So my query/question is:

Is it possible for me to use my legal First name, and my Middle name, instead of my legal First name and legal Last name on the Personal Account?

Surely I'm allowed to do so because it proves it's me (my passport shows my first, middle and last name), and this way it'll act as a deterrent from any malicious people that may wish to search my name on Google, Facebook, etc.

My account would be:

"Lewis" (as the First name) and "Benjamin" (as the Last Name) and I'd have my new email and password.

Any clarification and help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lewis

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate threads not allowed and unfair on others awaiting help that have only posted one thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lewis1996
Contributor
Contributor

That was an accident. PayPal can remove my duplicated thread.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.