Pending payments

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
Why has my payment been pending for 2 days,not even on hold of the person i sent too,just pending on my paypal but also showing coming out of my bank? And and cheque is supposed to clear yesterday but still not?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

NanaDenman
Contributor
Contributor
When you send or receive a payment with PayPal, the money does not always go to the recipient or become available in your account right away. Sometimes, there's a delay that will show the PayPal money pending on your account page for up to several days. This does not mean there is actually a problem with your account or payment. Rather, it can be a result of the type of payment method used, a request for withdrawal or the need for the recipient to take an action. Most issues with PayPal pending payments clear up quickly in around a week.
Login to Me Too

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
Iv had pending payments since march though mostly holds but echeque should have cleared 14th and other payment was sent as friends family which used to go through straight away
Login to Me Too

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
Also sent another payment to my wife as friends family today which have paid more then 3 times and gone through as a echeque and to clear 22nd may,there must be something wrong with my account,
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaysub 

Sounds as if you have sent an echeque....

Reasons for a payment being sent as an echeque are...
1. Card needs updating.
2. Recent neg balance.
3. Recent failed bank transfer.
4. High cost payment.
5. High risk transaction.
6. Some friends / family payments.

Date given is an estimate dependent upon your banks clearance times.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
Yea its weird i have updated my card last week but been over 4 days now and even before that card from march its been doing it,i pick the long card number to send money as well which i got told by paypal is the fastest way,payments are to wife and friends and very low amounts and even payed before to these people,never had this problem before for 15 years
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jaysub 

How odd, did you remember to confirm the card with the 4 digit code?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
I thought that and couldnt find that option but when i spoke to paypal they said its already confirmed and when i check card settings,it does say confirmed under my account number. Have you got the link for to confirm card so i can check its the same thing? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Jaysub
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks buddy,my card is already confirmed so havent got a clue what there up too,been trying to get on live chat for 4 days but they aint getting back to me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.